Sunday, June 22, 2008

Nationals and Rebelution!

Wow! It has been forever since I last posted! Many exciting events have taken place in the past few months, the two big ones being Bible Quizzing Nationals and The Rebelution.

This year, nationals was held at the Marriott in downtown Minneapolis, just a few blocks from my house. It was an incredible experience! The quizzing was very competitive, and my team was so much fun! By the end of three intense days, my team, Sundown, finished 5th in the nation! We were pretty thrilled!


Second, The Rebelution. I had the privilege to serve as the Hospitality Captain. Basically, my job was to put together meals for the Harris family and Joseph Patrick, provide their transportation, and prepare a retreat room for them to hang out in between sessions. This last week has been slightly frantic in the pulling together of last minute details. My parents were awesome throughout the conference. My dad drove everyone around in a 15-passenger van and transported around the furniture for the retreat room. My mom helped me organize meals and get everything set-up. She also gave me her insight into how to best serve everyone. Even though there were a few small harships throughout the past months, the whole experience has been incredible!

These girls were on my team. They were awesome!

The conference sessions were insightful and inspirational. Alex and Brett use many stories, which I find very helpful, and many times humorous! My family really enjoyed getting to know the Harris family and Joseph this weekend. Another highlight was hanging out at Chatterbox, and playing apples to apples with part of the group.



Joseph, Joel, Alex, Me, Brett, Mr. Harris, Isaac

No comments: