Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer is here!

It's really hot in Minnesota today! Today Dad put in our air conditioner! It's amazing! Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but the stuffiness of a second floor apartment can be quite uncomfortable. (My dog is laying on my bed, panting).

I will have to learn to get used to the heat... I will be in Jamaica in August. I've been told that the heat isn't so bad because it is up on a mountain. And, there is a swimming pool, which will be amazing because we are supposed to conserve water. That will be hard cause I really like to be clean:)

The reason for the trip is to help in an orphanage of almost 30 children. The children range from infant to 12 yrs. We will be there from August 3-10. I have been very encouraged because I already have all the money for the trip!

1 comment:

Courtney Reissig said...

That is so amazing that the Lord has already provided the money you need for the trip. Now you can focus on getting your heart ready to serve and not be stressed out about money.

Enjoy the heat!